It didn’t take as long as I thought it would to complete the second part of my task.
My nominations for the Versatile Blog Award are:
- The Little Wash House – my wonderful daughter who inspired me to blog in the first place.
- Sue Kenney Editing – for her wisdom, warmth and love of the English language.
- A Taxi-Dog’s Diary – for his tenacity, determination, wit, humour and interest in EVERYTHING.
- Back on my own – although she received these same awards at the same time from the same person, this is my tribute.
- I choose how I spend the rest of my life – an inspiration to those of us who think we are getting old and “past it”.
- Aunty Uta’s Diary – another one who has already been nominated, but deserves extra mention.
- Chaperon Tacheté – this is nepotism! But although my granddaughter is new to this, she’s doing pretty well in the blog world.
- Countingducks – a refreshing view of a young man’s world.
- Runquiltknitwrite – for her down-to-earth sense, and clever needlework.
- Red Yucca – I know the blood, sweat and tears involved in attempting to translate German poetry, and he shares my interest in Nelly Sachs.
- The Chameleon’s backbone – for her positive attitude.
- Nothousebound – for her cheerful courage and the love she shows to her hundred-year-old Grandpa.
- Charity Lane – for her uplifting insights.
- Moonlightened way – for her honest record of her search.
- Readers’ Café – for her unashamed touting for custom in every post, all of which are very interesting.
Now I really do need to find out from The Secret World of S.exactly how to pass on the award so it can be proudly displayed on the nominees’ blogs.
The next part ought to be easy, but revealing seven things about myself feels uncomfortably like doing the dance of the seven veils and I’m not sure how much underwear I’m allowed to keep on! I referred to this in my very first post here and it still applies.
- What I treasure most: my faith, my family and my friends.
- What I am grateful for: the bad experiences that have taught me to enjoy life.
- What I hope for: more of the same! Culminating in love, joy, peace, etc.
- What I would like to spend more time on: developing my artistic talents.
- What I most regret: wasted opportunities due to my cowardice.
- What I am best at: procrastination.
- What I need most: love, and thank God I get plenty!
Tomorrow I’ll start reflecting on the conditions for the other awards – but I think that’s enough for one day! I hope you will all enjoy reading the blogs I’ve nominated as much as I do..